Character contributes to beauty. It fortifies a woman as her youth fades. A mode of conduct, a standard of courage, discipline, fortitude, and integrity can do a great deal to make a woman beautiful." – Unknown
Art is the only way to run away without leaving home – Twyla Tharp
Sometimes in order to move forward, you have to back up. Sometimes to move forward, you have to start over again.
When your past is in front of you, your future is behind you.
Everything I know is not important. Everything I don’t know is important.
Your best questions get your best answers.
The only way you are going to find yourself is to be willing to let yourself be lost. For it is in risking to lose your way that you find your way.
If we always know where we are, we will never know where we can be
Art appreciation, like love, cannot be done by proxy. (Robert Henri)
Art is an outsider, a gypsy over the face of the earth. (Robert Henri)
A work of art is the trace of a magnificent struggle. (Robert Henri)
Art is, after all, only a trace – like a footprint which shows that one has walked bravely and in great happiness. (Robert Henri)
When the artist is alive in any person... he becomes an inventive, searching, daring, self-expressing creature. He becomes interesting to other people. He disturbs, upsets, enlightens, and he opens ways for better understanding. (Robert Henri)
The real artist's work is a surprise to himself. (Robert Henri)
Color is only beautiful when it means something. (Robert Henri)
Concentrate on a single feature – as, build all toward one eye – make all lines lead toward that eye. (Robert Henri)
There is no art without contemplation. (Robert Henri)
The object isn't to make art, it's to be in that wonderful state which makes art inevitable. (Robert Henri)
The artist should be intoxicated with the idea of the thing he wants to express. (Robert Henri)
Do whatever you do intensely. (Robert Henri)
You will never draw the sense of a thing unless you are feeling it at the time you work. (Robert Henri)
It takes wit, interest and energy to be happy. The pursuit of happiness is a great activity. One must be open and alive. It is the greatest feat man has to accomplish, and spirits must flow. (Robert Henri)
I am interested in the size of your intention. It is better to overstate the important than to understate it. (Robert Henri)
Self-acquaintance is a rare condition. (Robert Henri)
Life is finding yourself. It is a spirit development. (Robert Henri)
Today must not be a souvenir of yesterday, and so the struggle is everlasting. Who am I today? What do I see today? How shall I use what I know, and how shall I avoid being victim of what I know? Life is not repetition. (Robert Henri)
All the past up to a moment ago is your legacy. You have a right to it. (Robert Henri)
An artist's job is to surprise himself. Use all means possible. (Robert Henri)
“Don't ask to live in tranquil times. Art doesn't grow there.” - Rita Mae Brown
“Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment.” - Rita Mae Brown
“Every action is either strong or weak, and when every action is strong we are successful.” - Rita Mae Brown
“Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment.” - Rita Mae Brown
“Recognition of function always precedes recognition of being.” - Rita Mae Brown
“I finally figured out the only reason to be alive is to enjoy it.” - Rita Mae Brown
“I believe in a lively disrespect for most forms of authority.” - Rita Mae Brown
“Intuition is a suspension of logic due to impatience.” - Rita Mae Brown
“Morals are private. Decency is public.” - Rita Mae Brown
“You can't be truly rude until you understand good manners.”
“One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory.” - Rita Mae Brown
“The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself.” - Rita Mae Brown
“I believe you are your work. Don't trade the stuff of your life, time, for nothing more than dollars. That's a rotten bargain.” - Rita Mae Brown
“Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.” - Rita Mae Brown
Arrange whatever pieces come your way -Virginia Woolf
Infinite patience produces immediate results.-Course in Miracles
As soon as you trust yourself you will know how to live.-Goethe
A musician must make music
An artist must paint.
A poet must write if they are to be at peace with themselves. What a man can be, he must be.
-Maslow
Any path is only a path. There is no affront to oneself or to others, in dropping it if that is what your heart tells you to do.
-Carlos Castaneda
I wish to say what I think and feel today with the proviso that tomorrow perhaps I shall contradict it all.
-Emerson
True love means you love a person for what they are, not.
Let others live in a black and white; you must live in Technicolor.