"Color is fun, color is just plain gorgeous, a gourmet meal for the eye, the window of the soul." - Rachel Wolf.
"On the floor I am more at ease. I feel nearer, more a part of the painting, since this way I can walk around it, work from the four sides and literally be in the painting." - Jackson Pollock (1912-1956), on drip painting.
"Like emotions, colors are a reflection of life." - Janice Glennaway
"Painting is by nature a luminous language." - Robert Delaunay
"The attitude that nature is chaotic and that the artist puts order into it is a very absurd point of view, I think. All that we can hope for is to put some order into ourselves." - Willem de Kooning, 1968
"The profoundest order is revealed in what is most casual." - Faifield Porter, 1969
"To draw is to make a shape and movement in time." - Stuart Davis, 1951